Redirection plays a major role in our website SEO (search engine optimization) as well convert a visitor into a customer. But sometimes we didn’t find a suitable working method to redirect URLs or fix broken URLs and even after making changes in web Domain DNS settings.
So today I will explain to you how you can fix 404 errors or how to redirect broken 404 ULRs to live URLs. So basically it happens when there is a problem with our DNS records of the Domain or when we purchased the domain from any other domain provider website than our hosting provider website. You can fix this error using a Cloudflare free URL redirection of page rules.
You might like also: Create a Free WordPress site using free Hosting for lifetime
What is Cloudflare
Cloudflare is online protection for free as well as provides some pricing for different features and works as a proxy layer between the server and client by providing extra security layers and DDoS protection.
How To Redirect Broken URLs Using Cloudflare
- You have to enter your website domain to add a site and also have to change your existing Name server to the Cloudflare-provided name server.
- You have to visit your Domain provider website to change the Name servers into DNS setttings
It may take a few minutes to update this setting and once you get an Email from Cloudfare that your website is successfully activated on cloudflare then you can proceed to the further steps:
- Click on your web Domain button available on the dashboard
- Scroll down the sidebar until you find the Rule option
- Click on Create Page Rule
- Now you can enter your broken or naked URL there and select the redirection in pick a setting option
- Enter your destination URL and click on save and deploy